[Squeakland] suggested 1 hour squeak exercise for various student age groups?

Daniel Green javageek at mac.com
Sat Feb 4 13:15:16 PST 2006

Looks like our local university will have the opportunity to lead a 1
hour programming class for various age groups (5-8, 9-12, 13-16) for
the local science club.  We're considering using squeak instead of
something like visual basic / real basic, but I'm not sure where to
find what's been done before.  The class will be taught on networked
laptops, so something motivating like be the first to construct an e-
toy that achieves some goal, etc., is the kind of thing that might be
scalable across age ranges.  Any suggestions or pointers to short
courses that have been given in similar circumstances?

   Thanks for any input or pointers to more appropriate forums.

   Best regards,

-- DanG
Daniel Green
William Jewell College / Park University
Kansas City, Missouri