[Squeakland] generate a movie?

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Sat Feb 11 13:10:44 PST 2006

The presentation I gave yesterday to about 25 Indiana school teachers on
Squeak went reasonably well.  More to come.  But for starters, one teacher
who had actually played with Squeak a bit asked if it was possible to
capture movies within Squeak.  I told her no, I didn't think so, but wanted
to verify this.  I know the Object Cataglog/Multimedia has the mpegplayer.
I realize that doing movie capture, in general, can be a bit tricky - with
multiple formats, quality and frame rate params, etc., not to mention a
possibly large file as output.  Still, it would be nice to, say, capture
frames in playfield (start/stop) in some "standard" movie format.

--Randy