[Squeakland] generate a movie?

Arvind Grover AGrover at HewittSchool.org
Mon Feb 13 07:53:21 PST 2006

I had asked a similar question before, and Kim ran it by the Squeak development group. No easy answers. I have been using the free software Wink (http://www.debugmode.com/wink/) to capture animations to Flash movies. It is based on screen-shot captures, but allows for very nice annotations during movies.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: squeakland-bounces at squeakland.org on behalf of Randy Heiland
	Sent: Sat 2/11/2006 4:10 PM
	To: squeakland at squeakland.org
	Subject: [Squeakland] generate a movie?

	The presentation I gave yesterday to about 25 Indiana school teachers on
	Squeak went reasonably well.  More to come.  But for starters, one teacher
	who had actually played with Squeak a bit asked if it was possible to
	capture movies within Squeak.  I told her no, I didn't think so, but wanted
	to verify this.  I know the Object Cataglog/Multimedia has the mpegplayer.
	I realize that doing movie capture, in general, can be a bit tricky - with
	multiple formats, quality and frame rate params, etc., not to mention a
	possibly large file as output.  Still, it would be nice to, say, capture
	frames in playfield (start/stop) in some "standard" movie format.

	--Randy