RE : [Squeakland] Little problem (update)

Dreyfuss Pierre-André (EDU) pierre-andre.dreyfuss at edu.ge.ch
Thu Mar 2 04:15:53 PST 2006

Hi Kelly

 It is not a good Idea to have StartScript square in the script square itself If you start the script clicking on the watch, this will start the process and the first line (pencil startScript square ) will do nothing since the script is allready ticking.

 This works .... But ...

If you are using either the yellow exclamation dot or the buton to fire the script square,. the script is executed, the first line starts the script ticking and the rest of the script attempt to move the pencil too, the pencil is moved twice, one by the comand in the script square and one by the command in the script started by the command startScript.

This is about simultaneous, the for the two other sides, they are made by commands in scripts 'square' fired at the right time by the ticking status of the script, therfore each at the correct time.

The good programing is to use two scripts one for doing things just like square without the first line , and one to star this script , this one being fired by a button.

 It's a good idea too to put 0 into count in this script before the line startScript.

So just start a new script draging pencil compt <- 0 and then drag pencil startScript square from the script square and put it in the new script, call this script startSquare and get a button to fire it . Do the same with the other shapes.

Regards