[Squeakland] Label of a button Was: RE: newbie(ish) question (buttons)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Mar 2 09:28:36 PST 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:28:44 +0100 Markus Gaelli <gaelli at emergent.de> wrote:
>Hi Uwe,
>
>> thanks for the 'extended' answer.
>> Unfortunately I could not follow your description.
>>
>> I did the following:
>>
>> 1. I worked with Squeakland image 3.8-05 latest update: #531
>>
>> 2. I drew an 'Ellipse' and filled it
>>    (that should become my 'button')
>>
>> 3. The balloon of the 'color-pipette-halo'
>>    says: 'Repaint'.
>This is bizarre. If I don't press any key at all and hover over the
>pipette in 3.8-05 #531 I get the following:

Sounds like Uwe actually drew an ellipse with the painting tools while Markus used an EllipseMorph. For Uwe's method, there is a Repaint (meaning painting tools) halo and another halo which may be on the left or right, may be magenta or light-gray and may say Property sheet or Change color - all depending on halo preferences set in the preferences tool.

Cheers,
Bob