[Squeakland] backgrounds / set size of display

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Thu Mar 23 22:58:53 PST 2006

Hi, Kelly,

Sorry no one replied sooner.

One way to avoid the tiling is to follow these three steps:

(1) Use the "Open" button, rather than the "Background" button, when
importing the graphic.  This will create a "SketchMorph" for the
graphic, positioned at the top-left of the Squeak window just where
you (presumably) want it.

(2) From the red halo menu of the SketchMorph you've just imported,
choose "send to back" to place the picture behind all other objects
in the project.

(3) In the SketchMorph's red halo menu, click on the checkbox labeled
"be locked", to *lock* the picture into place and keep it from
responding to the mouse.

This should have the desired effect.

Cheers,

   -- Scott