[Squeakland] speed

Nicholas Bennett nicholasjbennett at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 22:46:17 PST 2006

Last time I had looked at this kind of thing a lot of it was rendering the
rotated sketch morphs (some effect just from the size of em, and some from
the rotate operation).

A quick and dirty test to see if this is your issue is to make them all look
like 'dot' and/or turn off the rotation - if this is the problem it will
speed up, making them all huge would slow things down.

At one point I tried to profile into the rendering stuff to at least
automatically cache rotated forms (or allow said caching), but I gave up....

I'd be interested in any comments or suggestions re how to address this - it
does seem 'too slow'

regards,
nicholas