[Squeakland] Making a Copy of an eToy from a script and using the mouse pointer to activate an eToy script

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Fri Nov 10 02:42:07 PST 2006

Hi, Offray,

> We are also stuck on how to make copies on an eToy, so we work only on
> one, defining scripts, and animations and the we put the amount we
> want
> in the game. We know about the green halo button for copy, but we
> would
> like to use not graphically but from inside of a script. We have tried
> to use the message eToyName's copy but it can't be dragged on a
> script.
> The animations defined for the first eToy are not copied when we
> copy it.

When you execute "Car's copy", the result will be the creation of a
copy of Car (strictly speaking a "sibling", viz. a fellow instance of
the same class as Car.)

However, if you don't *place* that copy somewhere, you won't see it.
The standard idiom for placing an object somewhere via script is to
tell the *container* in which you place it to "include" it.

Here's a typical usage pattern: