[Squeakland] Squeak first impressions and a couple questions

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Nov 17 07:29:50 PST 2006

Jeff wrote:

> 4. I did see an older version of squeak that used a buttonbar in
> which  morphs could be placed on little squeak logos which would then act as
> creators of those morphs. Was that removed, and if so why?

That's part of my Connectors package; it should be in the Squeakland
image (that is, it was the last time I used it).

Hold on, I'll download the Squeakland distro and try it.

Yup...

Just go to the Objects tool, and either "find" for "Maker Button" or go
to the "Connectors" category.

There are two objects in there that will be of assistance to you:

* The ButtonBar holds Maker Buttons
* The Maker Button holds copies of dropped objects and then creates them
when clicked or dragged.

Explore the context menus of both these objects for more options.

Enjoy,
--
Ned Konz
ned at bike-nomad.com