[Squeakland] Lack of documentation frustrating

Guyren G Howe gisborne at emailuser.net
Tue Oct 31 19:30:23 PST 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 8:14 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:

> try the book Powerful Ideas in the Classroom
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Powerful-Ideas-Classroom-B-J-Allen/dp/
> 0974313106/sr=8-1/qid=1162350766/
> ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-7335726-6184028?ie=UTF8&s=books

Thanks.

  I saw that the book is available, and I'll probably get it.

The description on Amazon makes it sound as though this book is a
collection of example projects. While that is certainly valuable, I'd
like to be able to go fairly free-form exploration with the kids, and
just bring up new capabilities as the kids thought of wanting them
(at least somewhat; this is an after-school "fun" group). This means
I'd like to arrive at a fairly good idea of what all the capabilities
are, or how to find them, myself. So I'm looking for more
documentation than projects: here are all the things an etoy can do,
concisely and fairly completely described. Also, some stuff for a
real programmer would be nice: how to do loops, tuples, dictionaries...

Is there any kind of documentation like that?