[Squeakland] How can the knights of the square brackets help the quest 2Be1?

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Thu Sep 14 00:39:29 PDT 2006

Hi all,

> These are great news. ¿Do you have a place with more info an pictures?

No - I just forwarded the message from Pavel.
Guess that they are in a really early stage, and want to get some
more things settled before going public.

But I wonder, what kinds of projects and tutorials will be on, and if
there will be any localization efforts for e.g. Nigeria or if English
is ok there.
I also wonder about the the future of Etoys for the 2Be1 - will the
next processors be fast enough to support Tweak - or will Tweak be
tweaked to support the current one?

Or will VP continue to enhance and tidy Etoys1? Tin Lizzie seems the
way to go....when can we start to play with Tin Lizzie?
http://squeak.pbwiki.com/Tin%20Lizzie%20wiki

Are we in "competition mode" -- are there signs that the python
(Ruby?) communities come up with a decent system to substitute the
Squeak-Etoys version?

The main question are: Can we help? How?

Questions over questions - Alan, Kim, it would be great if you could
provide us some answers and some kind of vision for Squeakland and
the quest 2Be1...

Cheers,

Markus

p.s. I forgot to mention and to thank Takashi Yamamiya San, who is
helping Yoshiki and Co. with the Etoys Part.
http://metatoys.org/propella/en/
As far as I understand Bert Freudenberg now works for VP also and
helped to get the VM ported. Bert is very strong with Etoys and Tweak/
Etoys2 too.