[Squeakland] Running etoys on Intel-based Macs

Kim Rose kim.rose at squeakland.org
Wed Sep 27 13:29:11 PDT 2006

Greetings,

We've recently had a number of email messages regarding
running/loading etoys on an Intel-based Mac.  Here's a little info -

You can do this now....just "get info" on Safari and select "Open
using Rosetta".  This will do the trick.

In adddition, our colleague John McIntosh is building a "universal
plug in" that will be usable by both PowerPC-based Macs and the new
Intel-based Macs.   John will have this ready by the end of October
and we'll replace  the current Macintosh PlugIn with this once fully
tested.

For those of you in schools we hope your year is off to a great start!
Happy Squeaking and please share your experiences with this mailing list.

cheers,
Kim