[Squeakland] Squeak as Presentation vehicle.

Eric Eisaman eric.eisaman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 12:44:53 PDT 2007

Hello Brad,

I can surely empathize with your friend. As a teacher, particularly when
learning a new software isn't the main focus, I want quality results and
time efficiency. What I suggest is that you model the same presentation
using two or more methods with at least one method incorporating a book
morph. I believe you'll find the counter-intuitive object pick-ups and halo
actions a small hurdle. You may wish to disable pick-ups and halo action
in certain objects' menus. Together, you and your friend, can tweak one or
more of these presentations into templates for future presentations. Slowly
but surely your friend will adapt to the Squeak environment and be able to
further develop the templates to specific ends.

I have seen quite a few threads regarding book morph templates. You may
choose to utilize some of these in your noble quest.

Peace,
Eric