[Squeakland] ¿Which tool use to code collaboratively?

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Mon Apr 30 14:55:10 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Me and my students are working on a collective project using Bots Inc
and is the time to integrate the parts. I would like to know which is
the better tool for that. I have been searching and there are different

Monticello seems more graphical and may be more easy. I have installed
it opening a Bot workspace (its similar to a classical workspace) and
typing:

SMSqueakMap bootStrap.

after that I get the SquekMap and on it I search and install Monticello
but after that I don't know how open it (Bots Inc graphical environment
is different from the standard one, so World->open->Monticello Browser
is not available.

 * ¿There is a way to open Monticello browser with a command from a
workspace?
 *¿There are various Monticello packages listed in Squeak map
(Monticello 2, MonticelloCVS, MonticelloMultiRep, etc). Which one should
we use?

Thanks a lot,

Offray