[Squeakland] the non universals

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Fri Aug 24 05:00:03 PDT 2007

But here's where we should give the special cases amongst the much
maligned (and quite a bit for good reason) teacher corps great
credit. Every once in a while a great teacher does light the fires,
and those that are affected by this never forget it. To me this is
the way it should be, because many children are close to the intense
interest that you describe, and contact with another person can be
just what they need to give them a little more confidence and
courage, to get them to look at something a little closer.

I've had just a few of these, but they were huge experiences in my life.

Cheers,

Alan