[Squeakland] looking for some advice on teaching *Smalltalk* to advanced high school kids

Oscar Nierstrasz oscar.nierstrasz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:41:36 PST 2007

Hi again,

Is anyone on this list teaching Squeak *Smalltalk* to high school kids?

Sorry for not being more specific in my previous posting -- I did not
realize that for many people, Squeak = eToys.

I realize the advantages of starting with eToys, but I will be dealing
with a group of kids who have already seen some other programming
languages.  I was wondering if anyone has experience with getting kids
quickly started with some simple but interesting Smalltalk stuff.

Thanks in advance,
Oscar Nierstrasz
---
Prof. Dr. O. Nierstrasz    -- Oscar.Nierstrasz at iam.unibe.ch
Software Composition Group -- http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg
University of Berne        -- Tel/Fax +41 31 631.4618/3355
vcard:  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~oscar/oscarNierstrasz.vcf