[Fwd: Re: RE : [Squeakland] looking for some advice on teaching Squeak toadvancedhigh school kids]

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Dec 5 04:48:02 PST 2007

On 4 déc. 07, at 09:06, Offray Vladimir Luna Cardenas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I like you liked it. Your book has been an inspiring source of work
> and
> fun for me and my students and one of the best Christmas gift to
> myself
> :). It would be really, really, a pleasure to work on an Spanish
> translation, for the moment I'm working on Squeak by Example, which
> has
> the proper license for that.

excellent.
If you need an infrastructure for that I'm sure that squarebracket =
oscar can host the svn for the translation.
We are hosting the french translation there.

> Which will be the license of the new part?

totally open as the SBE book. It was a mistake to go with a publisher.

> I know that is more a publisher's problem, but if in some way I can
> help
> with the "liberation and translation" of your excellent book, count
> me on!.

I tried to ask them (at least 10 times) how much it would cost for me
to buy the rights
of my book. And I got no reply. Sad but true

Stef