[Squeakland] distributing squeak on a network

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 23:50:47 PST 2007

What is a good way to distribute squeak on a network (Windows network at my
school) ?

>From my understanding there is no option but to give each student their own
personal image file but the sources and changes files could be left out.
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2007/07/image-file-virtual-machine-bytecodes.=
html

If I was going to give students both Bots and Squeak then this would result
in quite large student folders, the image files range b/w 15 and 20 MB. But
I don't see any alternative.

With Bots I get prompts about missing sources and changes files if I try to
launch it outside of its folder, but it then goes ahead and loads anyway

I'll attach some file folders so people can refer to them in an answer, if
necessary:

BOTS (file sizes in KB unless otherwise specified)

.DS_Store            7
Bots.exe            1053
Bots.ini            1
luth.frm            13