[Squeakland] distributing squeak on a network

Eric Eisaman eric.eisaman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:18:26 PST 2007

Good Day Bill,

I use Squeak routinely in my high school physics classes and haven't had any
problems with the kids simply running from the same shared folder on a
common drive of our school LAN. Of course I haven't had them use bots inc.
so I can't comment on that however, I have had them refer to your Etoys Pong
tutorial as a guide in constructing their own version.

I'm only half way through the *Squeak by Example* book by A.P. Black, S.
Ducasse, O. Nierstrasz, and D. Pollet with D. Cassou and M. Denker; yet I
have gained enough confidence to plan a few lessons for all my students to
program from the system browser and debugger and save their programs as
Monticello packages. Perhaps when I implement these lessons I will incur
technical difficulties due to conflicting change sets or something however,
I plan to instruct the students not to save their images but simply to save
their work as Monticello packages in the package cache and online at
SqueakSource.

Regards,
Eric Eisaman