[Squeakland] silence trashcan?

Mark Nelson prof.mark.nelson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 08:14:16 PST 2007

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the tip.  Setting the trash can Book sound effect to "silence"
works fine until the trash is emptied. After emptying the trash, I guess a
new book gets created, which brings back the default 'camera' sound effect.
Where does the default page turn sound get set? I'd like to set it to
'silence' for all Books, but I'm not sure how to do that. I looked at
'initialize' in BookMorph and BooklikeMorph, but didn't see it there.

As a workaround, I simply commented out the appropriate line in
BooklikeMorph >> playPageFlipSound, so that page turns are always and
forever silent. However, this could be problematic if a student creates a
book and actually wants to turn sound effects back on.

Thanks,
--Mark