[Squeakland] [Q] How to instantiate Geemail objects

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Wed Jun 13 10:29:27 PDT 2007

  Young-Jin,

  Geemail is there in the Squeakland image.  But, it is laden with
obscure features that are useful for those who knows it well (as well
as the developers of itself) and tend to have bugs (for the same
reason; for the developers, it is easier to work around these bugs).
It appears that the fix for this problem was to make it harder to get
to it^^;

  If you really would like to try it out and understand there is no
warranty, there is a way:

  - Open a Text from the Supplies Bin.
  - Replace the word "Text" with this line:

       GeeMailMorph new openInWorld

    Make sure the capitalization and spacing is correct.  (you can
    resize the Text if you like.)

  - Then, make sure there is no text selection made (i.e., you should
    see just a text insertion line) and press Alt-d or Cmd-d (on
    Windows, hold the Alt key and hit 'D' key, on Mac, hold the apple
    key and hid 'D' key.)

This will open a Geemail.  Some features are in the context menu, and you
can drop other morphs onto it.

-- Yoshiki