[Squeakland] Value as Text

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Thu Jun 14 05:07:08 PDT 2007

Hi --

There are two ways to do this. Texts have a setter for "numeric value".

[]

Even simpler (though a little more kludgy) is to get a "simple
watcher" from the viewer that holds the property you wish to see,
click to the "Updating String" (called "Readout String" in OLPC
version), and use red menu to make the changes.

In "regular Etoys" a shift-click will get you this component, and you
can use the red menu to change the font and size, etc.

In OLPC Etoys, use the red menu to "Unlock Readout String", then
select it and use its red menu to change font and size.

Cheers,

Alan