[Squeakland] group objects

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Mar 10 00:45:10 PST 2007

On Mar 10, 2007, at 2:40 , Randy Heiland wrote:

> Apologies if I've asked this in the past and forgot... am I able to
> group/join together multiple objects into a composite object?

Sure, "embed" them into one "container" object. That can be any
object, like a Rectangle, or an Ellipse may look nice, or just make
it transparent.

> I'd like to:
>   - paint a fat line
>   - script to:  rotate it and make copies
>   - treat all lines as a single object

Make a Rectangle. Draw the fat line on top of it. From the Line's
halo menu choose "embed into ... Rectangle". Now when grabbing the
rectangle, the line moves with it. Then make a script like "Line
turnBy: 30. Rectangle include: Line's copy." and you're fine to go.

- Bert -