[Squeakland] SqueakFest '07 - Save the Date!

Kim Rose kim.rose at vpri.org
Wed Mar 21 10:37:00 PST 2007

Greetings!

Thanks to the continued interest and generosity of Columbia College
Chicago, we are delighted to announce SqueakFest '07!

The dates for this year's gathering are:
August 1, 2 & 3

Hands-on Workshops Wednesday, August 1st
Keynotes, presentations & panels Thursday and Friday, August 2 & 3

SqueakFest is open to educators, parents (homeschoolers, other)
developers, community technology center leaders, etc., etc.  --
anyone interested in working with Squeak Etoys.

This year we're planning a special track on the One Laptop Per Child
Initiative ($100 laptop)  and welcome participation by Etoy content
developers for this particular platform in addition to those using
or planning to use Squeak Etoys on other computing platforms.  (For
those who may be unaware, Squeak Etoys is currently one offering
provided on the $100 laptop which is being distributed in great
quantity this year.)

Please save these dates and help spread the word to colleagues and
friends you think would be interested in attending.

We'll be sending a "call for presentations" in early April and also
launching the official SqueakFest '07 website at that time.

Please mark your calendar and  plan to join us in Chicago for SqueakFest '07.
Please "stay tuned" for more details!
regards,
Kim