[Squeakland] MixedMorph for kids

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:20:40 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 12:03 am, Karl wrote:
> subbukk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My 6-year old's favorite object is the "MixedMorph" in Squeak 3.9 because
> > of the way it handles like putty. She uses it to create all kinds of
> > shapes and pictures. She misses it in Squeakland plugin image.
> >
> > Will MixedMorph make it into the Plugin image?
> MixedMorph is Jerome Peace enhanced PolygonMorph I think.
Nice work, Jerome. Thanks.

> You can get
> much of the same from a regular PolygonMorph but not the mix with smooth
> and segmented outline,
For a kid, they are very different 'stuff'. Mixed feels like working with
dough while Polygon is like working with sticks.

Since Polygon is a subclass of Mixed, I changed PolygonMorph to
MixedCurveMorph in SketchEditor>>polyNew: method and painting shapes (like
spades or heart) is so much easier. It will be a good addition to
SqueakPlugin.

Regards .. Subbu