[Squeakland] Lack of documentation frustrating

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Fri May 25 06:34:47 PDT 2007

Let's see, Oct 31st 2006 to May 25th 2007 seems to be 7 months, not 18 ...

But you are certainly right that much more documentation is needed.
And, it is actually happening, just slower than hoped. But more of
various kinds is close to being postable, and will be this summer.

There is also a lot more documentation than you think on the
        http://www.squeakland.org
site. The site needs to be reorganized, but for example, there are
literally hundreds of pages of documentation, tutorials, curricula,
etc., done by the very active group at the U of Illinois. And there
is quite a bit of "other" documentation. There is a book "Powerful
Ideas in the Classroom" with a dozen or so sequential projects for
5th graders, etc.

Now, please tell me what it is that you would like to do in Etoys?

Cheers,

Alan

P.S. I don't hate to write documentation, but I'm not very good at it
and hence painfully inefficient.