[Squeakland] Lack of documentation frustrating

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Fri May 25 19:14:34 PDT 2007

> The site needs to be reorganized ...

I've written a few blogs about frustrations of getting started with Etoys /
Squeak and also one comparing Etoys / Squeak with Mark Overmar's Game Maker
program

http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2007/04/frustrating-but-eventually-successful.html
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2007/04/guide-to-learning-etoys-squeak.html
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2007/04/comparing-game-maker-with-etoys-squeak.html

I'd have to say that the disorganisation of the Squeakland site is a very
big barrier to the initial uptake. The only reason I persevered was because
of my strong interest in the ideas of the originator.

I have now bought the Rose / Allen-Conn book and another one by Stephane
Ducasse but you ought to be able to explore most of the features of Etoys
easily from materials available at the website.

--
Bill Kerr
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/