[Squeakland] Weird Heading numbers

Paulo Drummond ptdrumm at terra.com.br
Fri May 25 19:50:47 PDT 2007

Imho, there is no such thing as "real headings". Geometry, as its
mother Mathematics is a wonderful symbolical language to provide us
all means of mapping the physical world as we see it.

The use of semi-circular geometrical convention helps (among other
things) in:
1) give the sense of "negative" when the object passes "downward" or
"to the other side" of an 2-D axis (another convention);
2) the coming back rationally to zero instead of jumping from
359º59'59" to it.

cheers,
Paulo