[Squeakland] Re: A Hero for OLPC [kids should be ambassadors soon!]

ax ax.allbox at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 21:54:21 PST 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 3:51 PM, Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com> wrote:

> ...all those who are pursuing the OLPC goals are heroic in their way...

> ...Having said that, it probably was just a play on the fact that he's on
> "Heroes" and apparently has quite a cult following.

Once XO machines reach kids, we should expect OLPC folks taking video
footage of kids really doing something with them - and those great
footage would go around the globe - right? Kids themselves become
proof - ambassadors.

So that much of the degenerated (er, for example, tv watching) adults
and teachers and geeks would sit up straight and say

"okay, we have to live bit differently from now on. we have to use
computers in bit more worthwhile, thoughtful ways."

(no? revolution won't arrive that way?

...it might come a little earlier if we make kids ambassadors. Or
that's too cheap? )

ax at still don't understand why Squeak website has no section made and
run by kids(or youth)!