[Squeakland] Problem with scope of objects

Luke Gorrie luke at member.fsf.org
Tue Nov 13 02:02:52 PST 2007

On 13/11/2007, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Ugh. Those would require a new image or filing in code - the textual
> scripts become part of the project.

Indeed. Currently we're customizing the image by loading a Monticello
repository worth of code. Previously we had a lot of media (sound,
images, etc) living in a custom image but that's moved into the
project files now. Later we'll want to be a bit clever about on-disk
sharing of common bitmaps, soundclips, etc and I don't know how yet
(I'm sniffing around objectForDataStream: and comeFullyUpOnReload: as
possible hooks - sounds fruitful?)

> I wish ... can't think of any.

I think that we need to get into the same room as an Etoys guru as
soon as we can. My experience is that Etoys skills such as we have so
far are very fast and easy to pass on face-to-face. I suppose that
webcasts are a great hope for scaling this up :-)