[Squeakland] Re: More Squeak in Kathmandu

Luke Gorrie luke at member.fsf.org
Thu Nov 15 05:01:36 PST 2007

On 15/11/2007, Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> wrote:
> > By the way! Squeakers may get a kick to see the job advertisment that
> > we're currently running in Kathmandu to bring our full-time Nepali
> > Squeak-programmer staff up from two people to four (plus me):
>
>   Wow. This would be almost ideal for a guy like Yokokawa-san, except
> that he is Japanese^^;

He's more than welcome to get in touch if he's seriously interested!
Foreigner visitors who can teach us tricks would be really valuable
and there's plenty of hacking to go around :-) I'm Australian myself.

>   It's a long shot, but folks are organizing a Squeak/Etoys gathering
> in Nagasaki, Japan on December 9th.

This is worth mentioning! I don't think it's practical right now but I
will check for bargain flights :-)

The main plan I have for meeting Squeak hackers is to come to C5 in
France mid-january (i.e. the distant future). Is this the right idea?
(And do I understand correctly from the website that registration
isn't open yet?)

Cheers,
-Luke