[Squeakland] Ideas for SqueakFest '08?

Kim Rose kim.rose at vpri.org
Tue Nov 27 08:47:26 PST 2007

Greetings, Squeaklanders -

Viewpoints has recently been informed that after a long and
successful run hosting "SqueakFest" each summer for 5 years, Columbia
College will take a break in hosting the event in 2008.  I think all
who attended any SqueakFest will agree what a wonderful job the group
at Columbia did to host our group to not only their "campus" but to
the city of Chicago.  We are so grateful for this longer-than-
anticipated run and to our friends at Columbia for all their hard
work and effort each year.

Originally the thought was that the venue for SqueakFest would change
from year to year, enabling the community and venue to travel around
the world, have a  variety of organizations to host, etc., etc. but
the first year was such a success in Chicago, we all wanted to "do it
again" and so, now, here we are.

I would like to ask you, the community, for feedback and ideas for
the future....

Should there be another SqueakFest?
Ideas for venue?  Hosts?  Sponsoring organizations?
Is it time to create more regional events?  Perhaps in addition to an
annual international gathering?

Who would like to be involved in planning, organizing, etc..,etc?

I'd love to start a discussion on this topic, so please send your
thoughts and ideas.

cheers,
Kim