However ...Re: [Squeakland] Panel discussion: Can the AmericanMind be Opened?

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Nov 29 07:48:48 PST 2007

> From: David Corking
>
> My mental model for arithmetic is a clock face, which is very clumsy
> in base 10 (and worse in base 16!)

Hi David,

This is very interesting.  Something I had not thought of, but it makes
perfect sense that a picture of numbers would help.  I found something very
similar playing Sudoku.  It's a lot of fun.  When I first started playing I
would find missing numbers by counting from 1 to 9 and looking for the
missing numbers.  It became obvious to me that I didn't need to do that and
that I could just look at all the numbers at once and for what ever reason
the picture itself allowed me to figure out what was missing.  The mind
works in very amazing ways!

Ron