[Squeakland] Ideas for SqueakFest '08?

Kim Rose kim.rose at vpri.org
Fri Nov 30 13:25:57 PST 2007

Hi, Eric -

Thanks so much for your email to the list; it's nice to "meet you"
and learn about your work and involvement with Squeak Etoys.   There
is a lot of interest and activity around Squeak Etoys in Japan and
Korea -- as you may know Kyoto, Japan has also been a gathering spot
for several years for the "C5" Conference -- slightly different in
nature from SqueakFest, but attracting some of the same community.
I also know of several regional conferences in Japan that have
attracted teachers, developers and researchers.

This suggests that we encourage all readers of this mailing list to
share knowledge of any /all activities no matter where they might be;
I know it would be of great interest to us at Viewpoints just to see,
and be more aware of activities around the world.

Certainly the olpc's "xo" computer is raising levels of consciousness
about and use of  Etoys and we'll now have the potential to reach
millions around the world.

We'd be fascinated to learn more about how you've used Squeak as part
of your teaching in Guam.  Please do share more when you have a
chance.  I hope we will meet one day, at a gathering such as SqueakFest.

regards,
Kim