[Squeakland] DrGeo as a part bins

Dreyfuss Pierre-André (EDU) pierre-andre.dreyfuss at edu.ge.ch
Mon Sep 10 02:17:31 PDT 2007

"In  the OLPC image its even simpler to make a project like this because =

there is already a polygon category so you drop a ellipse and a polygon =

in the world and make a script like the attached pict."

Hi,
I just discover this while searching solution for the question pen trail as=
 object in the discussion list.
All this job was done about 4 or 5 years ago using squeak 3.6.

I have worked on connecting interactive geometry and expert system in squea=
k prolog.
The expert system (forward chaining)was doing deductions about the figure u=
sing rules about geometry.

But squeak prolog is no more working for squeak version higher then 3.6

I have tried to use Scheme and Schelog , but too slow to be useful.

What I did now is an interface to get affirmations in a text and to paste t=
his text in other programs  for instance swiprolog which is very fast.

I have an interface doing the same thing for Squeak DrGeo  too.

You can see a screen shot  of this and comment (in French) on the wiki of t=
he French Squeak community:

http://community.ofset.org/wiki/G%C3%A9om%C3%A9trie_et_syst%C3%A8me_expert

This is a project on which I'm working now.

I'll do a new version of v-geom for OLPC using olpc's tiles so that OLPC im=
age  will not be changed.

The change set  used was adding two new categories one about vertices no mo=
re useful and one for morphing,which enable to keep the successive position=
s of the vertices in an array and to generate intermediate positions (Morph=
ing) for creating animation of frames.

The attached change set will just add the Morphing category to polygons.

See balloon help of tiles for documentation.

Regards