[Squeakland] [Q] How to create a Java applet from a Squeak *.pr file and how to search mail archive

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Sep 26 03:10:08 PDT 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 3:18 , Young-Jin Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about how to create a Java applet from a Squeak
> *.pr file. Is there a document explaining how to do it?

If you want to know how to make a project available in a web browser:

1. upload it to a webserver making it accessible under some public
URL (e.g., http://my.domain/path/file.pr)

2. use the Squeakland project launch service (http://
www.squeakland.org/project.jsp) to display it:

	http://www.squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://my.domain/path/file.pr

   This embeds your project in an HTML page.

This is the same technique as a Java apple but uses the Squeak
plugin, not the Java plugin.

> In addition, I want to know how to search Squeakland mail archive.
> I thought that this might be answered in the past, but could not
> figure out how to search the mailing list archive.

For example on nabble:

	http://www.nabble.com/SqueakLand-f14187.html

or gmane:

	http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.squeakland