[Squeakland] quitting OLPC etoys

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Sep 27 08:42:24 PDT 2007

On Sep 27, 2007, at 9:34 , Randy Heiland wrote:

> I honestly can't remember now what it was like w/ etoys "classic"
> on Windows, but for OLPC etoys on OSX, I'll just comment that it
> seems confusing that the "Quit Squeak VM" menu item is disable and
> one quits via File->"Quit do not save".  In spite of the fact that
> I know I've just saved/kept a current project, being told to "Quit
> do not save" strikes me as the wrong thing to say and would seem to
> really confuse a child.
>
> just an observation :)

You're not supposed to use that menu option ;)

But I agree, this has always been distracting. Now we actually do
support the window close request in the Etoys image. It works fine on
Linux, when you close the Etoys window it will ask if you want to
really quit and then you can say yes/no. We just have to find out how
to coerce the Mac VM to also issue that event when clicking the
window close box or choosing the quit menu item. Cc'ing John to
explain ...

- Bert -