[Squeakland] duplicate (not sibling) - garbage collection?

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Tue Apr 1 15:56:49 PDT 2008

Update 1924lingeringPlayers-sw (an update published to the olpc
etoys3.0 system in mid-March) provided (finally) a fix for this problem.

A bloated project of the sort reported by Mark, Pierre-André, and
others, can now theoretically be slimmed by simply loading it into an
up-to-date image, then immediately saving the project afresh.  The
resulting new version of the .pr file should be a lot smaller.

Experience reports, positive or negative, would be welcome.  If anyone
has a huge project that does not slim down substantially after being
loaded and re-saved, please email it to me privately.

-- Scott