[Squeakland] how to include a new class into a project

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Fri Apr 18 22:56:23 PDT 2008

On Apr 18, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Yoandy Rodriguez Martinez wrote:
> Hello:
> I’m working in a project about using Squeak to teach physics in
> College. I’ve made some new Morphs and created a new
> morphic project who contains them. After saving the project and
> publishing it into the Web, the plugin image does not recognizes
> the new classes I’ve included. Have I done anything wrong or it is
> supposed to be like that?

Hello, Yoandy,

You want to have the code defining your new classes bundled into the
project file; for this to happen, you need to have all the new code be
in the project's change-set.

If, at project-publishing time, the project's change-set has any code
in it, then there will be a prompt asking if you want those changes to
go out onto the project file; in your case you would answer yes.

If the code defining your new classes, etc., is not already in the
change-set of the project you are publishing, you can move it there
using "copy" commands in a "dual change sorter" before publishing the
project.

(I can give you a little more clarification and guidance offline about
change-sets and change-sorters if you need it, though since you're
writing your own Morph subclasses in Squeak, probably you're familiar
with the basic development tools and notions.)

Cheers,

-- Scott