[Squeakland] 40th Anniversary of the Dynabook

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 19:20:26 PST 2008

http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2008/12/alan-kay-after-40-years-dynabook-is-n=
ot.html

I have transcribed a section of Alan Kay's recent presentation marking "40
years anniversary of the dynabook" because I see it as an important
contribution to ongoing discussions about the significance and prospects for
the XO, or OLPC

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com>wro=
te:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Kim Rose <kim.rose at vpri.org> wrote:
> > HI, Brad -
> >
> > Sorry for delay in response.  I am checking with the Computer History
> Museum
> > now to see if Alan's talk and the panel following it were indeed
> recorded.
> >  I'll send info on where one might watch once I receive a response.
>
> The event is now on Youtube:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtQg4LquY0uU
>

> > On Nov 6, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
> >
> >> All,
> >>
> >> Alan, Chuck, Mary Lou and Steve did a fabulous job at the Computer
> >> History Museum's program last night. Insightful and educational as
> >> always. Alan, will you make your Squeak project available for us to
> >> review?
> >>
> >> I noticed that they were videotaping, so I assume the video will be
> >> available on the CHM youtube channel:
> >> http://www.youtube.com/computerhistory
> >>
> >> Thanks to all that made it possible!
> >>
> >> best,