[Squeakland] Etoys - create duplicate (not sibling) from a script?

Alan Kay alan.kay at vpri.org
Fri Feb 1 11:45:35 PST 2008

Hi Mark --

We should have done this better.

Here is how I handle things that are "like this"
this may or may not work for your case.

If you build a bunch of components on a Playfield
it is smart enough to act as a little name-space,
so when it is copied all the links between the
components will be preserved in the new composite
object. (Again, we should do this better.)

So e.g. if you have an object that is controlled
by a joystick morph, you can put both of these in
a Playfield, copy the Playfield, and the new
object and the new joystick will be linked.

Cheers,

Alan