RES: [Squeakland] SqueakFest and other events

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Feb 28 09:43:46 PST 2008

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
> Marta Voelcker escribió:
> > Any other squeaker coming to Porto Alegre, next April, to FISL 2008?
> >

> Is very likely that I will be in FISL 2008, in fact may be I will be
> doing a talk about Squeak a Collective Problem Solving (pretty similar
> to the one in SqueakFest 2007) updated with minor additions.

I'll try to make it to FISL this year. Juliano Bittencourt wrote to me
about organizing OLPC related activies at this event and I mentioned
that I would be particularly interested in ones involving Squeak and
eToys.

I would love to help with SqueakFest 2009. The SelFest 2000 that I
organized (http://www.merlintec.com/selfest/e_index.html) had a pathetic
showing, but the nice event last December in Argentina shows that there
is a lot of interest down here.

-- Jecel