[Squeakland] distributing squeak on a network

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 22:12:37 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 9:56 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2008, at 23:30 , Bill Kerr wrote:
> > hi bert,
> >
> > adding this to the ini file:
> > [Security]
> > UserDirectory=3DC:\botsFiles
> >
> > For squeak3.9 it does offer me and make an etoy it does offer me my
> > designated C:\botsFiles folder as an option which I can choose. It
> > also automatically sets up a Squeaklets folder as a subdirectory
> > and then if I click the save button will save to both folders
> >
> > My problem is with bots when trying to save the scripts only to a
> > designated folder
> >
> > bot workspace context menu > save contents
> >
> > I can't get it to save automatically to the designated folder - I
> > have to type in the path
> > eg. C:\botsFiles\square
> >
> > Changing the ini file doesn't help for this case
> >
> > I tried dropping in later versions of the VM into the bots folder
> > but that didn't work either
>

> Well probably Bots Inc is not paying attention to the user directory
> setting. Maybe simply enabling the startupInUntrustedDirectory
> preference is enough to make it work?
>
> - Bert -

thanks Bert, with the help of a friend (Paul) I have this working now

To set startupInUntrustedDirectory preference in botsInc smalltalk image

bring up the world menu  (middle click on world/desktop - click on red menu
halo)
click on desktop menu...

click on help ...
click on preferences...

click on security category up the top (blue background)
check box startInUntrustedDirectory

now open -----  file...   will show a list of files in the directory
you specified in the ini file
and bot workspace  ----- 'save contents'    will save in that directory