[Squeakland] Editing glyphs in paragraphs

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Jan 23 14:43:05 PST 2008

  Subbu,

> Is it possible to halo click characters in a paragraph down into its glyph in
> the font and edit it?

  I believe that Ned did an experimental version based on his arrow
glyph editor for Alan's demo.  I saw the demo, but it is not in the
official Squeakland or Etoys image.

> Alan Kay describes such an operation in his NSF paper but neither Squeakland
> image nor Etoys image is able to open a glyph editor on a character.
> Connectors contain a glyph editor but it only associates connection points
> with a glyph and does not supporting editing of shape :-(.

  Yes, I'm actually surprised that editting doesn't work (I was
assuming it does).  If we fix the editting work, and create a special
kind of text morph that shows halo for individual characters, and fix
the editor so that it can store the editted glyph into the TTCFont,
the demo can be revived.  (Or, of course we could ask Ned to fix it!)

-- Yoshiki