[Squeakland] Etoys - create duplicate (not sibling) from a script?

Mark Nelson prof.mark.nelson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:55:16 PST 2008

Thanks for the tip.  That's getting closer to what I need, but in my
application the robots need to be able to 'reproduce' without any user
interaction.  Having a robot 'in hand' isn't going to work for this
purpose.

The robots autonomously explore their environment collecting
food/energy and once they have acquired enough energy, they reproduce
(generate a copy of themselves).  I have the reproduction algorithm
working fine with the 'copy' tile, but I have the problem that the
embedded sensors of the child robot seem to be linked back to the
parent's sensors, rather than the child's own sensors.

If you have any other ideas along these lines, please let me know.
Thanks,
--Mark