[Squeakland] [Q] add new sound, Kedama in OLPC image

Young-Jin Lee youngjin.michael at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 19:57:15 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have a few questions about the OLPC version of eToy, which I downloaded
from http://etoys.laptop.org/src/etoys-image-and-pr.zip .

First, it looks like the current eToy image that can be downloaded from
squekland web site cannot open OLPC-eToy projects. I assume that the
Squeakland download version will be replaced with the OLPC version. I guess
that my quetion is if I use the OLPC version now, will my eToy project can
be opened in the future Squeakland download version?

Second, is there a way to import an mp3 file and use it in a sketch? In
other words, I want to add a new sound in the "sound" category of the sketch
viewer. Is this possible?

Third, the Object catablog of the OLPC version does not include Kedama. Does
this mean that Kedama is not supported in the OLPC version? I guess not,
because I saw Kedama examples, e.g., ParticlesDyeInWater.009.pr, in the
ExampleEtoy folder. But, I could not figure out how to do a Kedama project
in the OLPC version. Can anyone explain how to do the Kedana project in the
OLPC version?

Thanks in advance.

Young-JIn Lee