[Squeakland] new video and photos from waveplace haiti pilot

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Fri Mar 14 16:12:38 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

We've posted a new video from our Haiti pilot, showing the day we
gave the children their laptops:

http://waveplace.com/locations/haiti/movie.jsp?id=34

We've also posted photos of each of the children with their new
laptops.  Thanks again to the kind people who donated their XOs:

http://waveplace.com/mu/waveplace/item/tp93

In other news, we're starting from scratch with our Squeaky Tales
courseware with what we've learned from our St John pilot so far.   A
new series of thirty videos featuring Etoys will be made, along with
our new textbook.   The Haitian pilot will be the first to use the
new courseware, teaching three hours each week for ten weeks.  It's
scheduled to end before June 1st.  Hopefully the full courseware will
be done by July 1st.

If you have enjoyed our tutorials or movies, and believe in what
we're doing, please consider donating on our website.  We're running
near the end of our budget and will likely have to cut corners on our
upcoming full-length documentary and courseware.  Both will be made
freely available to the world, so helping us now helps everyone
later, not just Caribbean children.  Every little bit helps.  To see
a sample of our old courseware, click "tutorials".

If you can't give money, click "contact" and say hello anyway!

Thanks,
Timothy

--
Timothy Falconer