[Squeakland] Etoys documentation in Spanish

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sun May 25 18:12:56 PDT 2008

  Hello,

  I came back from an OLPC event held in Cambridge, MA and saw a lot
of people from Latin America countries.  Uruguay and Peru are
officially deploying hundreds of thousands of XO laptops, and other
countries are trying to do similar or smaller scale pilot test.  The
"vibe" (as Alan wrote) or the feeling of "making progress" was very
strong.

  During the event, I was asked a lot of times about documentation in
Spanish.  I know there are bunch of documentation done in Spanish (in
Latin America and in Spain), but I couldn't point out many of them by
myself.  I merely managed to point to the translation of the Powerful
Ideas book but that was it.

  I think it would be nice to have a place to share these
documentations, and have a single location to look at.  Let us say if
we have a good "documentation and curriculum" section on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Etoys/lang-es, and people who have done
documentations in Spanish add theirs to it, that would be nice.

  If you think it is a good idea, please start the section on the wiki
and add the documentations?  I will later check the page and let the
people who are doing deployment and contents making in these countries
know about it.

  Thank you!

-- Yoshiki