[Squeakland] [seaBreeze-mailinglist] Porting to Squeak

Emilio Oca eoca at afip.gov.ar
Wed Nov 12 03:37:54 PST 2008

Hi Magnus,

I am interested on this issue but as I have no previous experience on
porting something that should be maintained at both ends, and  I am
pretty ignorant on web issues; I just started to use it on VW for a
while.

But I'll be glad to help.

The "ifNotNil: [:p | p doSomething] should have no parameters" is a
known issue, discussed several times on the squeak list, let me search
a bit.

I think that SmaCC works ok on squeak. It shouldn't be any problem
using the Squeak Smacc port. The underscore char is used instead of
:=3D , so is an illegal char at the beginning of a method. But I think
there is a configurable preference on this.

I am cross posting to the squeak list, may be more help is available there.

Looking the way the seaside packages are maintained for inter-dialect
portability may be a good idea.

Cheers.

   Emilio