[Squeakland] Please visit the new Etoys website!

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 19:11:55 PDT 2008

Great job. Well done, Kim and whoever else worked on this.

some critical feedback:

the introductory images give a primary school feel but there is a section
indicating it is appropriate for older ages:
http://www.squeakland.org/showcase/byAge/ (first visual impressions can be
very important)

also should there be something indicating a connection down the track
between etoys and text based smalltalk - that there is a high ceiling as
well as low entry (as well as high ceiling older age activities, eg. kedama
based)

hard to do well but I'd like to see a page comparing etoys with other visual
programming languages - or at least initially just indicating that they do
exist, that etoys is part of an evolving genre and that that evolution is
ongoing, not yet decided (scratch, star logo, game maker, turtle art, guido
van robot etc.) - advocacy should be central but also combined with crtical
evaluation to some extent